Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
11038 Fort George Rd, Jacksonville
Step back in time and own a gorgeous coastal enclave! Situated where the Ft. George river flows into the Atlantic Ocean, this historical mansion sits on a high bluff well above and beyond the waterline. The 140-year-old Victor Blue house named Nelmar by its original owners is truly an architectural masterpiece. It was the winter residence for a family of the northern elite and WWI naval hero. Imagine sipping your lemonade on the grande front veranda and enjoying breezes amid amazing moss draped century old oaks and magnolias. This large veranda provides additional living space with marvelous views of marsh and ocean. The home has been extensively restored and renovated over the past 15+ years. Spacious rooms and abundance of large windows throughout the house bring in loads of naturallight. The entrance hall spills into the living rooms adding to the home's ability to entertain friends and guests. Two sets of double French doors open to veranda from living room and allow great flow for entertainment. The current owners have held parties of >200 guests with even more on the beautiful grounds. Besides the living and family rooms, the space on the first floor includes an elegant library with custom bookcases and a master suite with a private bathroom. The second floor has another master suite and three bedrooms. Bathrooms are furnished with original clawfoot tubs and pedestal sinks. All bedrooms are quite large with plenty of room for sitting areas. In addition, there are 2 sleeping porches with stunning views. Fort George is a world unto itself and once paraphrased as "An Island of the Sea" Despite its seeming isolation, the island is within 20 minutes of shopping and Amelia Island with its golf courses and other fun amenities. Highway A1A runs by the island and a ferry provides access to great dining facilities. The home with its 3 aces and large areas could be a phenomenal bed and breakfast retreat. Two rooms could be turned into bedrooms increasing bedrooms to 8. Ribault club is just a walk away.
- MLS® #961245
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage6,204
- Year Built1877
- Sub-TypeResidential - Single Family
- UtilitiesWater Well(drinking), Sewer - Septic Sys
- Parking Spaces3
- ParkingAttached Garage, Garage Door Opener
- Is WaterfrontYes
- PoolNo Pool
- ExteriorWood Siding, Wood Shake
- Exterior FeaturesPatio - Open, Outside Lighting, Porch - Front
- Lot DescriptionRegular Lot, Wooded, Other Water View
- RoofShingle Roof
- Days on Market106
- ZoningResidential, Single Family
- HOA Fees0.00
- HOA Fees Freq.N/A
- Address11038 Fort George Rd
- Area096-ft George/blount Island/cedar Point
- SubdivisionFt George Island
- Zip Code32226
- Interior FeaturesWindow Treatment(s), Sliding Glass Dr(s), French Door(s), Tile Floors, Wood Floors, Walk-in-Closet(s)
- AppliancesRange Electric, Microwave, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Washer, Dryer, Washer/Dryer Connect, Self Cleaning Oven, Ice Maker-Refrgeratr
- HeatingCentral Heating
- CoolingCentral Cooling
- FireplacesBrick Fireplace, Stone Fireplace, Mantle, Fireplace-Living Rm, Frplc-Fam Rm/Den/Gr, Gas Fireplace, Wood Burning Frplc, 2 or more Fireplaces
- # of Stories2
- ElementaryNEW BERLIN
- HighFirst Coast
- Listing Office:Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Florida Network Realty
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Florida Homes Realty and Mortgage are marked with the listing broker's name and detailed information about such listings includes the name of the listing brokers. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
©2019 Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on January 23rd, 2019 at 9:08am EST.