Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
2953 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville
Just Reduced $50k! Built in 1917 by JW Bynum & listed in the Historic Register, the red brick Prairie-style home originally built for Arthur Chitty can now be yours. Rows of well-articulated windows and a porte-cochere are only a few of the features highlighting its facade. The home features 3 bedrooms,2 full baths upstairs, 1/2 bath off the office and 2 sleeping porches.Large windows allow natural light to illuminate the hardwood floors and original built-ins. Special features include: 4 fireplaces, a full basement, laundry chutes in each bath,and beveled mirrors on every door.Above the garage is a well-appointed studio apartment with kitchen. Perfect for guests, in-laws or as an income producing rental.In a much sought-after neighborhood,this is the perfect home for your growing FamiStep back into days gone by when you enter this beautiful historic home built in 1917 by J.W Bynum for the Chitty family of Chitty & Co. Wholesale Groceries!This is the perfect place for a growing family with room galore and a full basement! There are 3 large conforming bedrooms in the main house and 2 sizable nonconforming sleeping porches that can be used as bedrooms, offices or bonus rooms.The cool dry basement is unfinished at 1120 Sq Ft. Both HVAC system have electronic filters.The kitchen has double ovens, one is convection, and a gas range with down draft venting. There is an irrigation system with a separate meter. The original cistern is in place but not functioning. With a private back yard, pergola and large patio this show home is is suited for entertaining on every level. The wide porte-cochere provides additional covered parking along the circular drive. Don't miss your chance to own a piece of history at an amazing price below appraised value.
- MLS® #946660
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage3,869
- Year Built1917
- Sub-TypeResidential - Single Family
- UtilitiesSewer - Public, Water - Public, Sep Irrigation Meter
- Parking Spaces1
- ParkingDetached Garage, Circular Drive, Concrete
- PoolNo Pool
- Exterior FeaturesPorch - Front, Patio - Open, Gazebo, Porch - Open
- Lot DescriptionRegular Lot
- RoofSpanish Sty. Tile Rf
- Listing Office:Bloom Realty
- Address2953 Riverside Ave
- SubdivisionIngleside Park
- Zip Code32205
- Interior FeaturesCeramic Tile, Tile Floors, Butler Pantry, Vaulted/Cath. Ceil., Ceiling 8+ Ft., French Door(s), Wood Floors, Built-in-Bookshelves
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposer, Range Gas, Washer/Dryer Connect, Down-Draft Cook top, Refrigerator, Ice Maker-Refrgeratr
- HeatingCentral Heating, Gas Fuel
- CoolingCentral Cooling, Electric Source
- FireplacesMantle, Fireplace-Living Rm, Frplc-Fam Rm/Den/Gr, Fireplace-Bedroom, Wood Burning Frplc, 2 or more Fireplaces
- # of Stories3
- Days on Market181
- ZoningResidential, Single Family
- HOA Fees0.00
- HOA Fees Freq.N/A
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Florida Homes Realty and Mortgage are marked with the listing broker's name and detailed information about such listings includes the name of the listing brokers. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
©2019 Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on January 23rd, 2019 at 8:38am EST.